OPEN: Fish facility support
- We are currently looking to hire a motivated individual to perform key duties in our zerbafish facility, including feeding, basic husbandry, aquatics system maintenance, and support.
- The position is part-time (2-3h per day) and open-ended.
- Interested? Get in touch with Christian by email to inquire for details.
OPEN: Master student project(s)
- We are currently looking to fill several Master Student positions
(no fast-track), flexible starting date. We are part of the following Master programs in Biology: Molecular And Cellular Biology; Developmental Biology.
- The projects will tackle the characterization of novel transgenic and mutant zebrafish strains we recently developed in the lab. Of particular focus are transgenic lines and CRISPR-Cas9-generated mutant strains that we will investigate using fluorescence microscopy, genetic lineage tracing, and injection experiments.
- Project topics are focused on early mesoderm patterning, cardiovascular cell fates, congenital heart diseases, and early mesodermal cancer formation..
- Interested students should contact Christian via e-mail (please attach CV).
PhD Positions (currently no open positions)
- We exclusively recruit PhD students through the Molecular Life Sciences and the Cancer Biology programs of the Life Science Zurich Graduate School Zurich.
- Interested students that have been selected for interviews through the program are encouraged to contact Christian via e-mail (please attach letter of motivation and CV).
Postdoc positions (currently no funded open positions)
- Interested candidates are nonetheless encouraged to contact Christian via e-mail to discuss possible funding schemes or project ideas (please attach letter of motivation, CV, and possible references).